Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) spoke out against cuts and elimination of government programs that serve women yesterday at the YWCA and Feminist Majority’s “Women, Money and Power” Summit Luncheon in Washington, D.C.
In addition to Pelosi, luncheon speakers included:
- Gloria Lau, Interim CEO, YWCA USA
- Katherine Spillar, Executive Vice President, Feminist Majority; Executive Editor, Ms. magazine
- Dolores Huerta, Co-Founder of the United Farm Workers and President of the Dolores Huerta Foundation
- Elizabeth Shuler, Secretary-Treasurer of the AFL-CIO
- Congresswoman Rosa DeLauro (D-CT)
- Avis Jones-DeWeever, Ph.D., Executive Director, National Council of Negro Women
- Irasema Coronado, Assistant Provost, University of Texas El Paso High School Without Walls
- Peg Yorkin, Chair of Board, Feminist Majority
- Eleanor Smeal, President, Feminist Majority and Publisher, Ms. magazine
4 responses to “VIDEO: Rep. Nancy Pelosi’s Speech at “Women, Money and Power” Summit – Washington, D.C. – April 7, 2011”
Magnificent items from you, man. I have understand your stuff prior
to and you are simply extremely great. I really like what you’ve acquired here, really like what you
are stating and the best way by which you are saying it.
You’re making it enjoyable and you continue to care
for to stay it wise. I can not wait to read far more from you.
That is really a tremendous site.
Hello, yup this article is truly nice and I have learned lot of things from it about blogging.
I’m gone to convey my little brother, that he should also visit this blog on regular
basis to obtain updated from most up-to-date reports.
What’s up to every one, it’s really a good for me to
pay a quick visit this web site, it includes useful