by Katie Stanton
YWCA USA Social Media Manager
Each year, the YWCA hosts Stand Against Racism – an annual event that aims to raise awareness about racism and to increase the dialogue about racial justice and diversity in local communities across the United States. Racial justice is an integral and defining part of the work of the YWCA. Stand Against Racism is a signature event that furthers our mission to eliminate racism and empower women across the country.
This year, the YWCA USA is hosting a blog carnival that will answer the question:
“What will it take to create a community that is free of racism in all forms?”
We want to hear your voices! We encourage you to write a blog post telling us what you think it will take to eliminate racism in the United States. What are the biggest challenges? What still needs to be done? How have you been involved with civil rights in your community? Check out last year’s blog carnival for inspiration. (Don’t know what a blog carnival is? Click here.)
The YWCA USA will collect the blog posts and publish them throughout the day on Friday, April 26, the official day to take a Stand Against Racism. We will share the posts on Twitter all day using the hashtag #standagainstracism, and we welcome you to share on Twitter, too!
How to Submit Your Post:
Please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, April 24, at 5 p.m. Your submission should include the following:
- The blog post author’s name and title
- The link to the blog post OR the blog post in a Word document
- Any photos or links to video that you would like to include
- You or your organization’s Twitter handle (if you have one)
- Please add the following language and logo to the end of your post:
This post is part of the YWCA Stand Against Racism blog carnival – we invite you to join the dialogue! Post your comment below, share your story and follow the conversation on Twitter with the hashtag #StandAgainstRacism.
YWCA USA Guest Blog Policy:
- YWCA USA retains full editorial control for blog content published on ywcablog.com. YWCA USA reserves the right to reject a submission for any reason. Accepted submissions may be edited for space, clarity, grammar or AP style.
- Recommended length is 300-500 words.
- All blog posts will be attributed to an individual with a byline. Headshot photos of the author are encouraged.
- For guest bloggers, inclusion of a short bio with links (as appropriate) is encouraged.
- Cross-posting to guest bloggers’ blog or website is encouraged.
- Guest bloggers are encouraged to respond to comments posted on their article by posting a reply, as appropriate.
- The blog submission and related materials should be sent to Katie Stanton, Social Media Manager at the YWCA USA, at email@example.com.
We’re looking forward to your stories, experiences, and thoughts on racial justice!
To find out how your local YWCA is celebrating Stand Against Racism, find the location nearest you.